Sloane & Company is seeking a high energy, intellectually curious, team-oriented and self-directed Account Supervisor with at least 5 years of relevant experience. Read Full Job Description by Expanding the Box Below.
Sloane & Company is seeking a high energy, intellectually curious, team-oriented and self-directed Account Supervisor with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
This role will work closely with senior-level team members to lead and help grow interesting and challenging accounts focused on corporate communications, corporate reputation, thought leadership, and brand building across a variety of industries, with a specific need for experience in financial services. Knowledge and experience supporting clients in the mortgage/lending arena and/or asset management is a plus.
The candidate should have a solid understanding of how to develop and execute integrated communications programs as well as deep media relations experience. Existing relationships with reporters in the financial services space is a plus. The ideal candidate excels in a collaborative, fast-paced environment and possesses superior client relations, presentation, and oral and written communications skills. Effectively managing the execution of day-to-day tasks and deliverables for several clients often in the same day is critical to success in this role.
- Help companies in financial services, mortgage and lending, and other B2B and B2C areas better tell their corporate story to key audiences across channels
- Direct engagement with senior executives at clients to develop storylines and thought-leadership content and then lead efforts to successfully execute tactics
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to operate autonomously – co-lead several client teams with the support of senior-level team members and manage various client programs
- Contribute to the team’s strategic counsel and tactical recommendations for senior clients including supporting the creation of strategy memos and communications plans
- Build and manage media relationships and proactively engage with key national and trade press
- Oversee and execute the development of high-quality client deliverables including press releases, key messages, talking points, op-eds, and other critical communications materials
- Approximately 5-6 years of public relations experience. Previous agency experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong media relations skills and existing media relationships.
- Energetic self-starter and resourceful problem solver who keeps things moving and on track.
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work under pressure.
- Collaborative, team-oriented individual interested in mentoring junior team members.
Who we are:
We’re an industry-leading public relations firm focused on providing a select set of services at a high level for our clients. We are known for our intelligence, intensity, creativity and focus on getting results. Whether the situation calls for developing and delivering the right messages to the audiences that matter or advising on high-stakes deals or crises, our goal is the same — to drive winning outcomes for our clients. We are distinguished in corporate storytelling and reputation management and were a 2016 finalist for Corporate/B2B Agency of the Year and 2015 winner of both U.S. and Global Corporate Agency of the Year from The Holmes Report.
If you excel in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment and want to build your career working on interesting assignments for clients that run the gamut from well-known, Fortune 500-type companies to startups and industry associations then Sloane & Company may be an ideal place for you. Because we don’t subscribe to a rigid organizational hierarchy typically found at most agencies – everyone here rolls up their sleeves and gets involved in day-to-day account work – we’ve created a culture where all professionals have the ability to thrive because they are empowered to take on new responsibilities, think creatively, and share their ideas in an environment where their viewpoints matter.
At Sloane, we are made whole by the diversity of our team. We are a firm that invites and celebrates the uniqueness of each member of our team and encourages individuals to bring their best selves into the workplace. Whether it is through participation in one of our Employee Resource Groups, serving on our DEI Council, opportunities to volunteer, or bringing a new perspective to client work, your individuality and experience matters.
What we offer:
Sloane provides a generous benefits package including coverage for health, vision, and dental insurance premiums; time off including vacation, holidays, and sick time; 401(k) with an employer contribution, and additional benefits.
Sloane believes in the growth and development of all our employees and therefore we offer:
- Professional development and career guidance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Participation in Employee Resource Groups
- A collegial and supportive office environment
If you are excited about this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We’re an exciting and growing place to build your career, hold yourself to a high standard and continuously improve as a professional. We’re looking for kind, caring, conscientious and dedicated people who want to be a part of our growth.
Sloane & Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any protected category.