Sloane & Company is seeking a high energy, intellectually curious, team-oriented and self-directed Account Supervisor with at least 5-6 years of relevant experience. Read Full Job Description by Expanding the Box Below.
Sloane & Company is seeking a high energy, intellectually curious, team-oriented and self-directed Account Supervisor with at least 5-6 years of relevant experience.
This role will lead and help grow interesting and challenging accounts focused on corporate communications, corporate reputation, brand building and crisis/issues management across a variety of industries. The candidate should have a solid understanding of how to develop and execute integrated communications programs as well as deep media relations experience and reporter relationships. The ideal candidate must possess effective team management capabilities and superior client relations, presentation, and oral and written communications skills.
We are seeking someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to work as a part of a team, who will be expected to provide counsel, strategy and support across industries. Working closely with staff at all levels, the right candidate must be a relationship builder and mentor as well as exhibit strong working knowledge of overall communication strategies and tactics.
Below is a broad overview of this role’s responsibilities
- Help companies better tell their corporate story to key audiences across channels
- Direct engagement with spokespeople at clients to develop storylines and thought-leadership strategies
- Ability to operate autonomously – lead several client teams, manage various client programs on their own, develop high quality written materials, proactively solve daily client problems, and counsel senior clients
- Provide strategic counsel and tactical recommendations to senior members of an organization and manage a substantial amount of retainer and project engagements
- Build and manage journalist relationships and proactively engage with key national and trade press
- Both oversee and execute the development of high-quality client deliverables including press releases, key messages, talking points, op-eds, plans, and other critical communications materials
- Oversee and support aspects of clients’ social media and digital campaigns including content calendar development and execution
- Approximately 5-6 years of public relations experience
- Strong media relations skills and existing media relationships
- Energetic self-starter and resourceful problem solver who keeps things moving and on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work under pressure
- Experience working with and writing content for social platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook a strong plus
Who we are:
We’re an industry-leading public relations firm focused on providing a select set of services at a high level for our clients. We are known for our intelligence, intensity, creativity and focus on getting results. Whether the situation calls for developing and delivering the right messages to the audiences that matter or advising on high-stakes deals or crises, our goal is the same — to drive winning outcomes for our clients. We are distinguished in corporate storytelling and reputation management and were a 2016 finalist for Corporate/B2B Agency of the Year and 2015 winner of both U.S. and Global Corporate Agency of the Year from The Holmes Report.
If you excel in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment and want to build your career working on interesting assignments for clients that run the gamut from well-known, Fortune 500-type companies to startups and industry associations then Sloane & Company may be an ideal place for you. Because we don’t subscribe to a rigid organizational hierarchy typically found at most agencies – everyone here rolls up their sleeves and gets involved in day-to-day account work – we’ve created a culture where all professionals have the ability to thrive because they are empowered to take on new responsibilities, think creatively, and share their ideas in an environment where their viewpoints matter.
We’re an exciting and growing place to build your career, hold yourself to a high standard and continuously improve as a professional. We’re looking for kind, caring, conscientious and dedicated people who want to be a part of our growth.
If you are excited about this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to fostering an inclusive culture that reflects a multitude of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.