As part of an aggressive effort to build and grow the firm, Sloane & Company is seeking a high energy, intellectually curious, team-oriented and self-directed Account Supervisor with 6-8+ years of agency experience to be based in San Francisco. Read Full Job Description by Expanding the Box Below.
As part of an aggressive effort to build and grow the firm, Sloane & Company is seeking a high energy, intellectually curious, team-oriented and self-directed Account Supervisor with 6-8+ years of agency experience to be based in San Francisco.
The qualified candidate will lead and help grow interesting and challenging accounts focused on corporate communications, corporate reputation, brand building and crisis/issues management across a variety of industries. In addition the candidate should have a solid understanding of how to develop and execute integrated communications programs as well as deep media relations experience. The ideal candidate must possess effective team management capabilities, as well as superior client relations, presentation, and oral and written communication skills.
We’re an industry-leading public relations firm focused on providing a select set of services at a high level for our clients. We are known for our intelligence, intensity, creativity and focus on getting results. Whether the situation calls for developing and delivering the right messages to the audiences that matter or advising on high-stakes deals or crises, our goal is the same — to drive winning outcomes for our clients. We are distinguished in corporate storytelling and reputation management and were a 2016 finalist for Corporate/B2B Agency of the Year and 2015 winner of both U.S. and Global Corporate Agency of the Year from The Holmes Report.
If you excel in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment and want to build your career working on interesting assignments for clients that run the gamut from well-known, Fortune 500-type companies to startups and industry associations then Sloane & Company may be an ideal place for you. Because we don’t subscribe to a rigid organizational hierarchy typically found at most agencies – everyone here rolls up their sleeves and gets involved in day-to-day account work – we’ve created a culture where all professionals have the ability to thrive because they are empowered to take on new responsibilities, think creatively, and share their ideas in an environment where their viewpoints matter.
- Helping companies in financial services, professional services, B2B technology and other industries to better tell their corporate story to key audiences across channels;
- Operating autonomously – able to lead several client teams, manage various client programs on their own, develop high quality written materials, proactively solve daily client problems, and counsel senior clients;
- Providing strategic counsel and tactical recommendations to senior members of an organization;
- Managing a substantial amount of retainer and project engagements;
- Strong financial management capabilities – knowledge of how to oversee the budget of accounts, impact of hourly rates/utilization on client profitability and how to maximize profitability per account;
- Identifying new business opportunities within existing client structure and generate leads, as well as spearhead new business efforts working with senior leadership – including developing presentations, proposals and budgets
- Exercising highly developed skills in team leadership and team building
- Building and managing journalist relationships and proactively engaging with key national and trade press;
- Overseeing the development of high quality client deliverables including press releases, key messages, talking points, op-eds, plans, and other critical communications materials;
- Overseeing/supporting aspects of clients’ social media and digital campaigns including content calendar development and execution;
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work under pressure
- Experience working with and writing content for social platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook a strong plus
- Knowledge of various social listening/tracking and measurement tools and services is a plus, but not a requirement
- BA or BS degree
- Approximately 6-8 years of agency public relations experience.
If you are excited about this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We’re an exciting and growing place to build your career, hold yourself to a high standard and continuously improve as a professional. We’re looking for caring, conscientious and dedicated people who want to be a part of our growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to fostering an inclusive culture that reflects a multitude of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.