As part of an aggressive effort to build and grow the firm, Sloane & Company is seeking a high energy, intellectually curious and self-directed entry-level Associate to be based in New York. Read Full Job Description by Expanding the Box Below.
As part of an aggressive effort to build and grow the firm, Sloane & Company is seeking a high energy, intellectually curious and self-directed entry-level Associate to be based in New York.
Sloane is a strategic communications firm specializing in:
- Corporate and Financial Public Relations
- Investor Relations
- Crisis/Litigation/Transaction Support
Associates are an integral part of the team and its successes. Are you a quick study, with the ability to rapidly grasp complicated issues? Do you have a strong handle on, and interest in, current economic, financial and political events? If this sounds like you, then please apply.
Since its founding, Sloane has earned a reputation for providing counsel to C-level executives of large public companies, as well as mid-sized private businesses and associations. Whether the situation calls for developing and delivering the right messages to the audiences that matter or advising on high-stakes deals or crises, our goal is the same — to drive winning outcomes for our clients.
Sloane is an exciting and growing place to build your career, hold yourself to a high standard and continuously improve as a professional. We want diligent and dedicated people who want to add to our culture.
At Sloane, we are made whole by the diversity of our team. We are a firm that invites and celebrates the uniqueness of each member of our team and encourages individuals to bring their best selves into the workplace. Whether it is through participation in one of our Employee Resource Groups, serving on our DEI Council, opportunities to volunteer, or bringing a new perspective to client work, your individuality and experience matters.
Ideally, you will have:
- Demonstrated interest in corporate public relations through relevant internship experience and/or coursework
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Dedication to thinking creatively and to your work ethic for your clients
Your responsibilities will include:
- Helping companies across industries better tell their corporate story to key audiences;
- Monitoring client media coverage through tools including but not limited to Cision, TalkWalker, Zignal, Bloomberg Terminal;
- Being a student of the media – identifying new publications, writers and columns;
- Beginning to foster journalist relationships and engaging with key national and trade press;
- Implementing research programs on behalf of clients and prospects;
- Utilizing all mediums to help a client disseminate key messages, including social media.
What we offer:
Sloane provides a generous benefits package including coverage for health, vision, and dental insurance premiums; time off including vacation, holidays, and sick time; 401(k) with an employer contribution, and additional benefits.
Sloane believes in the growth and development of all our employees and therefore we offer:
- Professional development and career guidance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Participation in Employee Resource Groups
- A collegial and supportive office environment
If you are excited about this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sloane is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any protected category.