Sloane & Company is seeking an experienced HR Business Advisor to be based in New York.
Sloane & Company is an award-winning public relations agency focused on providing strategic counsel to C-level executives of large public companies, as well as mid-sized private businesses and associations. We are a results-driven company, distinguished in corporate storytelling and reputation management. Whether the situation calls for developing and delivering the right messages to the audiences that matter or advising on high-stakes deals or crises, our goal is the same — to drive winning outcomes for our clients.
The HR Business Advisor will support Sloane & Company leadership in building and retaining an exceptional team. Successful candidates are champions of diversity, equity and inclusion who are process oriented with an attention to detail.
- Developing effective relationships that foster trust within the firm to support the human resources needs of the organization
- Facilitating annual performance reviews for all employees.
- Implementing processes and activities aligned toward achieving strategic employee retention objectives.
- Managing the full life cycle of recruitment, including job postings, sourcing candidates (in partnership with and supplementing external recruiters), prescreening, scheduling interviews, background checks, checking references, and creating offer letters.
- In collaboration with the COO and Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer, setting strategic priorities for attracting, developing, and retaining diverse talent.
- Developing and maintaining a pipeline of talented and diverse candidates for forecasted/upcoming positions.
- Researching the competitive landscape and market trends to remain ahead of the curve with best in class hiring practices.
- Designing and implementing a staffing and utilization management process, in partnership with senior leaders, to maximize team effectiveness and efficiency and ensure all employees have a balanced portfolio of client accounts commensurate with experience.
- Leading and managing Sloane’s culture committee, planning events and day-to-day work experiences that reflect the company’s principles and values.
- Assisting with the coordination of annual employee compliance trainings.
- Managing the coordination of the company mentor program.
- Assisting the COO and Director of HR in providing human resources support to the organization.
A successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of human resources, operations, or other relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Highly detail and process oriented.
What we offer:
- Sloane provides a generous benefits package including coverage for health, vision, and dental insurance premiums; time off including vacation, holidays, and sick time; 401(k) with an employer contribution, and additional benefits.
- Sloane believes in the growth and development of all our employees and therefore we offer:
- Professional development and career guidance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Participation in Employee Resource Groups
- A collegial and supportive office environment