Sloane & Company is seeking a high energy, intellectually curious, team-oriented, and self-directed Senior Associate with at least 4-6 years of relevant experience to join our health care team. Read Full Job Description by Expanding the Box Below.
This role will support and help grow our robust health care business, focusing on corporate communications, corporate reputation, brand building, and crisis/issues management. We are seeking someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to work as a part of a team, who will have a great opportunity to provide counsel, strategy and support for a range of clients. The right candidate will be able to work closely with staff at all levels, build relationships internally and externally, and demonstrate professional and leadership acumen.
Below is a broad overview of this role’s responsibilities
- Help companies better tell their corporate story to key audiences across channels
- Direct engagement with client executives and spokespeople to develop storylines and thought-leadership strategies
- Ability to operate autonomously – participate in a leading role across several client teams, develop high quality written materials, proactively solve daily client problems, and counsel clients
- Write copy for all types of marketing and communications material
- Build and manage journalist relationships and proactively engage with national and health care trade press
- Both oversee and execute the development of high-quality client deliverables including press releases, key messages, talking points, op-eds, plans, and other critical communications materials
- Oversee and support aspects of clients’ social media and digital campaigns including content calendar development and execution
- Approximately 4-6 years of public relations experience
- Strong media relations skills and existing media relationships with business, technology and health care reporters
- Energetic self-starter with strong project management skills, including a keen attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience working with and writing content for social platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Experience working with social/digital analysis platforms such as TalkWalker or Brandwatch and the ability to develop client-facing measurement reports
Who we are:
We’re an industry-leading public relations firm focused on providing a select set of services at a high level for our clients. We are known for our intelligence, creativity and focus on getting results. Whether the situation calls for developing and delivering the right messages to the audiences that matter or advising on high-stakes deals or crises, our goal is the same — to drive winning outcomes for our clients. We are distinguished in corporate storytelling and reputation management and were a 2016 finalist for Corporate/B2B Agency of the Year and 2015 winner of both U.S. and Global Corporate Agency of the Year from The Holmes Report.
If you excel in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment and want to build your career working on interesting assignments for clients that run the gamut from well-known, Fortune 500-type companies to startups, then Sloane & Company may be an ideal place for you. Because we don’t subscribe to a rigid organizational hierarchy typically found at agencies – everyone here rolls up their sleeves and gets involved in day-to-day account work – we’ve created a culture where all professionals have the ability to thrive because they are empowered to take on new responsibilities, think creatively, and share their ideas in an environment where their viewpoints matter.
If you are excited about this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re an exciting and growing place to build your career, hold yourself to a high standard and continuously improve as a professional. We’re looking for kind, caring, conscientious and dedicated people who want to be a part of our growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to fostering an inclusive culture that reflects a multitude of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.