James GoldfarbVice President
James Goldfarb is a Vice President at Sloane & Company and has been with the firm since 2018. He is a member of the firm’s financial and crisis communications practice, advising a range of public and private companies on media and investor communications strategies.
James has worked on numerous special situations including mergers and acquisitions, SPACs and de-SPACs, restructurings, litigation matters, crisis management, shareholder activism and ongoing reputation positioning.
Recent Engagements of Note Include:
- Companies and boards in several confidential litigation assignments.
- American Express Global Business Travel in its $5.3bn deal with Apollo Strategic Growth Capital.
- Liberty Media with ongoing financial communications support, including its planned split-off of the Atlanta Braves and its associated real estate development project.
- IMAX with ongoing financial communications and investor relations support, including its acquisition of streaming technology company SSIMWAVE Inc.
- Meta with ongoing financial communications and investor relations support.
- PG&E’s equity holders in the Company’s restructuring.
- Magnachip Semiconductor Corporation in their $1.4bn acquisition by Wise Road Capital.
- NextNav in its $1.2bn deal with Spartacus Acquisition Corporation.
- Ouster Inc. in its $1.9bn deal with SPAC Colonnade Acquisition Corp.
- Issuers and investors in numerous shareholder activism situations including:
- Cubic in its acquisition defense against Elliott Management and successful acquisition by Veritas Capital and Evergreen Coast Capital.
- MDC Partners in its reverse merger with The Stagwell Group and defense campaign against activist Indaba Capital.
- Companies and boards in several confidential activist preparedness assignments.
Prior to joining Sloane, James interned with strategic communications firms Joele Frank |Wilkinson| Brimmer | Katcher and Abernathy MacGregor, working on their mergers and acquisitions teams.
James graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, Politics and Economics.